Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lost my Marbles

The closer and closer we get to baby Claire's due date, the more absent minded, indecisive, and whiney I've become. I think I'm losing it! I forget EVERYTHING. I always leave my phone somewhere... I left my purse at the dog park... I didn't start the dryer and mildew'd all of Josh's clothes...I can't seem to remember to read the baby books I need to... I feel aimless! Decisions that should be no big deal, seem SO daunting to me. For example, I registered for a Space Saver booster seat for good reasons, logical reasons... ...Then one night we were sitting on the couch and I just freaked out that the space saver would not work with our counter height dining room table. I was urgently showing Josh the pictures online of the chair attached the diing chairs and the kids eating off the table. Well with OUR table, the baby would be so high up she probably couldn't even reach the table! This was traumatic for me, and I started second guessing everything I was picking. Josh reassured me, calmly that we could exchange it for a real high chair if it didn't work out. This is logical... I am NOT right now. I am still up-in-arms over the whole booster seat debacle. What if what if what if ... Losing my mind part 2. I am set on having a hospital bag packed and ready, mind you I have until December 11th...but I keep thinking and thinking about what I want to wear and have with me at the hospital, probably after going on the tour, this really kicked into high gear for me. Well, I decided to go to Target and pick out slippers, robes, big underwear, pads, fuzzy socks and PJs...the works! I was in Target over an hour today, my back STILL hurts from this unnecessary shopping trip and walking around. So here's what I got: a big fat NOTHING. I stared at every package of Hanes...tried on many a slipper and felt robe after robe. Even contemplated an adult zipped onsie they had. The workers probably thought I was lost or had dementia. It was such a hard decision I left the store distraught and even more confused. This is the crap that messes with my head all day. Makes NO sense!! So, as I continue to lose it and lose everything in my purse, I do get more excited and anxious to know that in a few weeks all that stuff I worried about will disappear and nothing will matter, just the baby and my husband and getting through it together. I think I'm just in the calm before the storm and coming up with things to fret about. At least I'll have something very fun to occupy my find this weekend. We are heading to San Antonio for my first baby shower and I truly can't wait!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I wore a hospital gown the entire time I was in the hospital - showered, put on a new one, etc. Labor is messy... Nurses check you out all the time... Hospital gown made the most sense and I didn't have to think about anything. Hope that helps!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Oh hello new blog design! (Or I just haven't noticed!)

Anyway, you are too funny and you will do GREAT these next few months.
I agree about the hospital gowns. I wore them until the day we left I think. They were comfortable and easy for nursing.
TMI--But I just wore the disposable undies for a while there too. PS---Grab as many of these as you can to take home with you! Not sexy but they work!

Bring SUPER comfy clothes to leave it -- maternity size pajama pants or sweatpants if you want. You'll have new momma glow in all the pics so it won't matter what you wear!

I did bring some makeup and it felt good to fix myself up a bit.

I'm excited to see ya in a couple of weekends!

ChelseaSalomone said...

This post cracked me up! I have been the exact same way- well maybe not as extreme- but I have been second guessing everything I registered for, but the COLORS of all things!

SheaKummer said...

You are perfectly normal. I did the same thing at Target, but like 5 times. I finally had to "settle" on a robe. I was glad I went with a nightie instead of pj pants because I ended up with a C Section. No way I could have worn pants after that! Also remember to get dark colors, light colors will get ruined. It's not a pretty few days.

Courtney Squillante said...

Oh my gosh- totally completely normal! :) I FREAKED out about the glider we special ordered... and we rearranged the nursery several times! And I found some super cute PJs and am so glad I had them! With everyone coming to visit and taking pictures it was nice to be in something semi-cute when I felt so gross! And just pick any ol' random pack of Hanes... you'll chunk 'em afterwards anyway! I packed way too much for my hospital stay- but it made me feel better to have "options" even though I didn't use them... You do what works best for you and keeps you sane- you deserve it! :)

Dianna said...

The adult onesie cracked me up!! Don't pack any pajama pants. Buy a gown or just wear the hospital gown. The hospital gives you pads and will even send some home with you! Feel free to email me with any questions you have because I know it can be overwhelming.