Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Case of the B.A.K.

Tuesday was 33 weeks ultrasound day! Finally, Josh went with me to the appointment, which I made a little later than I usually would so he could make an appearance at work.  Bad idea.  Apparently, my Dr was having a Murphy's Law sort of morning and was very late seeing us,  of course this only happens when Josh comes, he was not a happy camper.  I was just excited to get to see Claire again, so I didn't really care.  It's what I do all day as a drug rep anyways, wait in Dr. offices!  I'm good at that!

Anyways, he came in and announced what a crazy morning he had and hoped that I'd be an easy visit, just simple measuring here and there, check position and size...and out ya go.  Well... Claire decided to be difficult, causing him to take extra measurements to be sure what he was seeing was right!  He said that we had a case of the B.A.K.

BIG ASS KID.

Wait whaa?!?  So here is what he found (a couple times)... I'm 33 weeks... her head and abdomen measured 37 weeks and her legs were right on target at 33 weeks.  So, Bobblehead little one?  I asked what was the deal??  Why is her head so big??  He said that fat kids don't necessaritly have long legs...makes sense.
 
Here's two shots of her puff cheeks, face and nose if you can tell.

 So, he plugged all the measurements in and got that Claire is in the 87-90th percentile in size and estimated at almost 6lbs.  I have friends whose full term babies weren't even 6lbs!  Claire will most likely be 9+ by full term, so I was flipping out a bit.

Next, he told us that she's Frank Breech.  I found this pic on the internet to demo... I laughed at Good Baby vs Bad Baby!  She's so flexible!  Cheerleader for sure. Hehe.
I mean, it's not the end of the world, he measured fluid and there's plenty for her to turn.  Only 3% of babies stay breech, but if that happens, it's a C-Section for me...too much risk for baby and me to try to push out butt first.  That'd be a little disturbing anyways:

"I see the butt, I see the butt! Yes, keep pushing!"  No thanks.

So, B.A.K. + Breech = C-Section.  B.A.K. + Head down = My choice.  That's what is up so far.  I'm leaning towards a C-Section, based on what happened with my mom.  I was over 9lbs and she tried to push me out but it didn't happen and ended up with a CS.  I might as well have it planned on out if that's the case! 

Here's a few fun X-mas things that came in this week~~
 Our stockings that we have from Pottery Barn...

Here's Claire's!
Oh and with some of my Sophie Giraffe credit, got some swaddle blankets, I LOVE them, I'm kinda obsessed with them...and I used the PURE Baby laundry soap and it just smells heavenly!

Alright!  That's the latest!  See ya laterzzz

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love hearing these updates! I'm almost dome with the second half of claires present so I can finally send it to you!!

The Starwarsmamma said...

Big baby syndrome must be going around. D is 2.5 lbs already and the rest of my BB all have babies under 2lbs. Just means they will be healthy and warm right lol.
Hope she flips for you, don't worry too much there's still time ;)

Dianna said...

I hope Claire gets right into position for you!