Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The calm before the storm

Just had my final check up with Dr. P! No progress, no change...and that's actually good.  With 6 days to go until delivery day, Dr. P said don't go doing anything crazy between now in then, like go into labor!  Ha, I'll try.  That'd be a disaster because an emergency C-Section is much more stressful than me walking in, no pain, chit-chatting with the nurses and plop myself on the table, ready to go.

I had a lot of questions, but that have moved more towards concerns for Claire, which probably are better directed towards a pediatrician.  With her being frank breech for so many months, I'm concerned about her hips and legs.  Of course Dr. Google has freaked me out a bit, but I've also heard from actual people whose babies were perfectly fine.  Dr. P said sometimes they have to double diaper the babies for a few days, to hold their legs in place... since they are so used to having their legs up by their face in a pike. 

Also, there could be a few ultra-sounds of her hips at weeks 3 and 6 to check for hip dysplasia ( a term I've only heard with Golden Retreivers!).  I pray and hope that her joints resume normal position and that it's not an issue, but damn you Google if you didn't show me some freaky pics.  AND Dr. P described in detail how he has to pull out a frank breech baby and it's a crazy dancing of the limbs.  Very interesting. Meh.

In other news, I was up +33 at the Dr... but at my house before breakfast it was +32.5 , I'm going to go with that LoL.  Stupid.  Some of my online groups have started the guessing game on her height and wieght.  Can't wait to see her little face and chub cheeks!!  My Pre-Op appointment is Friday morning where they draw blood and anethstisiology gives me instructions for Sunday night.

So, until then... I'll be hanging out in my new sleepin' suit, conserving energy for next week and beyond.  Thanks Mommy, luv it! Buttons down the middle for breastfeeding and incision check...PERF.

6 days and counting....!

2 comments:

Brooke LaBouve said...

Oh my lord at the nightgown! I will say, it looks like it will be convenient and comfy! Good luck over the next six days, can't wait to see her!

Maria said...

Hoping all goes well next week! Oh and "Dr. Google" ha ha ha!