Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Suck-Tastic Weekend

So, Thursday night Josh says "You don't look so good"... that was around 8pm.  Then at 11pm I ran out of bed and threw up in the bathroom and got a little freaked out.  Maybe I ate something bad.  We called the after hours Dr just to be sure and he said get some fluids just watch it.  I had a few contractions after throwing up, so I was just a little concerned.

Layed back down, and like 10 minutes later...BOOM sick sick sick.... the works.  You get the idea.  The on-call Dr. said to go into Labor and Delivery... so off we went, almost midnight!

I was hooked up to an IV and monitored, Claire was doing fine, I had a slight fever and many many trips to bathroom, the vommiting WOULD NOT STOP.  The dry heaving was almost worse!  They tried 2 shots of phenergran which were SO painful in each hip.  They did nothing!  So they tried Zofran in my IV and that slowed the nausea down... but not all the way.  I got a second dose and everything had calmed down.  That was probably one of the worst nights EVER.

We ended up sleeping in that L&D room, which wasn't meant for overnight sleep, so it wasn't very comfortable, poor Josh was on this little couch and my bed was very hard!  Luckily in the morning when my sister came to visit, they moved me to a post-partem room, which was very nice and comfortable.

I was poked and prodded and monitored, everything under the sun.  It was bad viral gastritis, bad... I mean HORRIBLY TERRIBLE.  There were a number of Drs. from my OBGYN's practice that checked on me, too bad Dr. P was in New York!  He really missed some fun haha.  Being on IV drip for like 20hrs straight without peeing...so dehydrated, so scary!

I'm so glad Claire wasn't affected at all.  She was actually in the safest little place she could be!  It was funny watching the other Drs. check her and say, "Hey, she's breech!" or ... "Dr. Plavidal's got himself a brech one!". .. "She breech? Hmm!"  Yes , yes I know, naughty naughty baby.

Glad that episode is over.  Josh was wonderful and cleaned the whole house, beds, Lysol... and crossing my fingers he doesn't get it... it's already Tuesday, so it doesn't seem like it, which is crazy!

I think I got it from a doctor's office I went into for work. How scary!  Shelby is glad her mommy is home.  Ok, so no more hospital until December 5th, Claire's birthday!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Glad you and Claire are okay and feeling better. It must have been very scary.