Thursday, November 10, 2011

The final stretch hurts

35 weeks and 4 days.  Ow.  I think I say that probably 20 times a day... most of which is after 2 pm.  It's 3:33 right now, I worked and ran 1 errand to Babies R Us and I feel like my back is on fire, how can I type laying down...

I thought my feet swelling were going to be the worst part, I've totally forgotten about them! I honestly had no idea about the back pain issues at the end of pregnancy.  They are no joke!!  I'm going to try the chiropractor and/or prenatal massage next week fo SHO.

My new boots, size 8! (I'm a 6.5-7)


Well, big news is that Dr. P said baby Claire will make her grand entrance on December 5th!  He estimated her at 6.5 lbs so far and still frank breech.  It will be a scheduled C-Section, because she has not / will not turn.  Is this a foreshadowing of things to come?  No mom, I will not wash my hands.  No mom, I refuse to drink my millk.  And I'll know she's not joking, she refused turn back before she was even outta the womb!

For some wierd reason, I feel like I always knew I'd have the surgery instead of a normal delivery.  It may be because my mom had 2 CSections, maybe because I knew she'd be huge due to genetics of Josh (10.3 lbs) and I (9.4 lbs) at birth... I don't know.  I still went to the labor and birth class, but we even left early before the demos and lamaze practice stuff.

Not that it doesn't freak me out.  I've never had surgery and the thought of getting cut open really scares me.  I wish that she was normal sized and head down.  I'd rather do it the way I was made to function!  Luckily, I have many friends who had it done and have given me great advice and reassurance about the whole situation.

So, the appointment ended with him letting me know pelvic exams start next week, yippy!  So if I start to labor before Dec 5th, we'll go ahead and take Claire out early...eek!

In other news, I'm an alumni advisor for my sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma and the other advisors threw me a surprise baby shower this week, it was SO sweet!  I teared up because it was so nice and it's serious hard to surprise me.
It's so sweet and makes me be so happy to be a Kappa, these ladies of all different ages and schools have KKG in common and I'm so lucky to be part of it! Claire is one lucky legacy! She bes Go Kappa.

5 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Hang in there! We're SOOO close. I love the KKG shower- I am so glad they did that for you. And your boots are super cute. I for one am glad you're size 8 b/c now I can swipe your shoes.

Cajun Cowgirl said...

You are going to do GREAT with your section. Praying for you girl! Tell Claire to take it easy and enjoy her weeks, yes only weeks, of Momma's belly!

And you--be sure to sleep, sleep, sleep!

Brooke LaBouve said...

You look great!! A few weeks, oh my goodness. I've heard some pretty awesome things about c sections and I hope your story turns out the same! Love the boots!

Dianna said...

Love the boots! Sorry you are having back pain and sorry to hear about Claire not turning, but I am sure things will be great. I can't wait to see pics of your sweet little girl!

MrsBaham said...

Good luck with the c-section and recovery! My birthday is December 5th so that's the best day to have her lol. Glad that things are well besides the back pain >.<