Sunday, June 3, 2012

BUGS!

Claire woke up Saturday with this huge bite/burn/hickey thing on her arm...

At first I thought she had self-soothed herself to sleep and given herself a hickey.  But it was SO rough, raised and hard!  Then I thought spider bite maybe...because it was just so big.

Anyways, by 6pm it was still really bad and many mommy friends and my own mom said they'd get it checked, so we searched for an Urgent Care and found one out in Cypress for kids only.

The doctor said that it was just a bad allergic reaction to a mosquito bite and gave us a Rx for antibiotic cream and to get some 1% hydrocortisone.  Luckily, this thing never even bothered Claire, we're just crazy first time parents!

What sort of things do y'all do to help prevent mosquito bites?  We have a bug net for the stroller, that's it so far, they freaking attack her at night in her crib I think!!


and, in other news,  LOOK who's just a sittin' fool these days...



5 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I didn't know about this! I'm
Glad you took her in. You should ask SW. Maybe it's related to bugs in Shelby. Haha

Kate Robinson said...

Hey girl! My little Liam reacts the same way! Just wait until she gets one on her face and it swells up huge! They are hot and hard and scary. I totally thought spider as well. Just so you know, it may bruise. Couple of tips... grab a stroller fan... moving air helps keep them away. Also, stick a dryer sheet in her pockets.. i know sounds funny, but it works. And fianlly we will just use the family care off on Liam's clothing... but he is almost 2 1/2 now. When he got bit by three we actually gave him benedryl when he was little... it helped a TON... it stopped the swelling immediately and they never got huge and hard! I know you don't really know me... but I did go to school with you... and I believe you know my hubby... and well we have several of the same friends! wink... www.kathrynscamera.com

Erin+Josh said...

Thanks Kate! Sorry Liam gets them bad, it was so scary! I'll try the dryer sheets and fan for sure, let's get together! Aren't you friends with Peterson??

Kate Robinson said...

yes! Noah and Liam are 11 months apart... I am cooking up another playdate and would love for you guys to come! I usually clear the living room floor and serve mommy mimosas! I am pretty sure I ran into you a lot at the Sigma Chi house... it really is a small world!

Erin+Josh said...

Great! Just let me know on Facebook!