Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Firsts!

No time for long blogs as of late, there's been too many firsts!...

First time to Daddy's work for family day

She danced her first Cupid Shuffle there...kinda. Mostly me laughing...

First time to sit up by herself for a long period of time! So exciting, still have a ways to go though before I'd stray too far...
 "Is there junk in my trunk?"
 First time in her walker
 First time in her high chair
  First time eating:  Squash, peas, pears, prunes, sweet potatoes... And I got to use my Beaba Baby Food maker, so fun!
 Papa and Claire (just a cute pic)

Her first honest opinion on the Texas Longhorns...

First days in her bathing suit and the pool!
Josh made me return a baby bikini that I bought... he said hellznah. LoL oh well.

 She really loved it, just floated around and relaxed...didn't even make a peep for 30 mins!


Other random firsts: 

Voting! haha We went to vote in the Republican primaries today and were interviewed by abc13, maybe they'll air it! ... and they did.  Claire's first time on TV:

First weeks without breastmilk.  I'm proud to say that I made it almost 6 months pumping for her!  We nursed for the first two months, but I prefered pumping, and we supplemented with formula, first Emfamil, then Target Up and Up.  Now to get these boobs to dry up...I think I need some cabbage leaves.  I was an emotion wreck when I stopped!  Good thing my friends said it's normal.

In a few weeks, Josh and I are going on a little vacation, and it'll be her first time to spend the night away from us...I'm not looking forward to that first, but we do need a getaway.

Finally, she had a great ortho visit today and Dr. Brock said that her hips are looking better and better.  The right side is still having the issues, but each visit is improvement, and no braces still.  Yay!

A little preview from our 6 month photo shoot!  Can't wait for all the pics.  Kelly Garvey is awesome!!



5 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Love this post!! So many exciting firsts. Glad you're blogging so I can at least feel like I'm there. In that first picture- LOL- it looks like she is leeming on Josh for realz.

Courtney Squillante said...

I LOVE babies and all their firsts! So glad you are documenting everything! And Kelly Garvey IS amazing!!!

BT said...

How exciting having so many firsts! I laughed when you said your hubby did not like the bikini you bought for Claire lol That sounds like something my husband would say. Glad to hear the doctor said Claire is improving - that must have made you feel so much better :)

Jill hansen said...

Love it! She's a TV star, swimmer, sitter, human food eater, and dancer! Love the blog and pics :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

I think she's the most photogenic baby ever!