Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cinco de Baby!

 5 months!

Claire turned 5 months on Cinco de Mayo!  We went out to Nana's house for a fun day filled with food.  We celebrated Uncle Ryan and Uncle Cody graduating from the University of Houston.  There were lots of family and friends there.  We're so proud of them! All 3 brothers are UH Cougars ( Josh went there for his MBA).  Claire was festive... in an outfit Auntie Emily brought her from Hawaii!

Her Hawaiian Outfit
Little Miss isn't so little!  Her stats are 18.5 lbs and 26 inches long.  All well over 90th%.  I really can't keep up on the clothes front.  I'm just going to start grabbing 12-18mo clothes and hope they last and that she slows down!  I even had to go to a whole different 'big girl' section in Carters for footed sleepers...too sad!

As you can see, her hair is growing in nicely, we have the HAIR-DRY it!
She's eating oatmeal and carrots so far.  But she's spitting it out and sucking it off the bib, I can't get her to stop... some mommy friends suggested no bib.  NEKID baby feeding lol!
She's grabbing all sorts of things and finally using her legs to bounce! Plus rolling every which way and sleeping on her stomach a lot of the times.  Though, when she wakes up and she's on her tummy, she cries and is stuck!

So, since she's a growing baby, I have to snap many pics in clothes she won't be able to wear soon... I really thought these Aggie dresses might have made it to football season, stupid me!


I love this little cheerleader outfit!!
Here, she's dreaming of College Station.
I do realize that there's a good possibility that she won't share my love for Aggieland, but it worked on me, so maybe it'll work on her!  We're a family O Aggies! Maybe they will have girl cheerleaders by her time there. Class of '34 and all.  Eeesh

Do y'all like the first Aggie outfit or this one better?
Oh, and no Aggie girl is complete with out her KKG sorority letters onesie... Claire is sporting her "GO KAPPA" shirt!  My friends pass this shirt around to our little Kappa legacies.  We also have a blue one for the gentlemen.  Natalie gets it next, little Grace will be here any day now!

Feeling so blessed with our little Claire and excited to spend my first Mother's Day in San Antonio with Grammy, Papa, Auntie Em and (maybe some day) Uncle Rian!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Too cute! I like the first Aggie cheerleader outfit better.

kc said...

I like the first outfit- show off those legs, Girl!

ChelseaSalomone said...

I like the first one. And that bathtub pic- I actually think she looks like Josh underneath that glossy mane. That first pic of you two is great. Best I've seen. I guess after 5 months we stop looking quite so haggard or something, who knows.

Logan does that EXACT same roll over and get stuck like a turtle and freak out thing in his crib. I wonder if it's his sleep sack, because he can roll back over normally? CAN'T WAIT TO COME HORSE AROUND!!!