Friday, May 18, 2012

Ma Day in SA

Your first Mother's day is weird.  I still think of mom's as older, wiser women who help you do pretty much everything.  The ones who cook Thanksgiving meals and always get you gifts for Easter and your dog's birthdays.  How can I possibly be a 'mother' now??

Obvs I know I AM a mom, but it hasn't even sinked (sunk?) in.  Everytime I call the pediatrician to make an appointment, they ask "Name?" and I say mine!  Then they say nooo... your daughter's name.  My daughter.  That sounds insane to me. I have a daughter.  Nope, still weird.

Muthy gave me this awesome necklace, I love it!


It's crazy to think that my mom (Muthy) was the same age when she had me.  It's so hard to think of my mom as younger; running around while I screamed in the car seat? Wait, that's me, now, too.  I'm just like my mom now!  We even have the same crazy baby hair to figure out what to do with. Maybe one day it will sink in that I'm a mom. I still can't believe it! I hope I can be half the mom that Muthy is, she's the best!

Baby Bear and Grammie

Claire looks like my dad a lot now!

Auntie Emily scaring the baby lol

Great-grandpa Pom!  Poor Claire cried when he tried to talk to her, such a weirdo baby.

Sitting at the big table on a Bumbo

Rian got in to law school!  Funny story, it says "Goot job Rain" - H.E.B. bakers decorate the best =/  I laughed so hard I cried when we saw it, and it was too funny to go back and fix.I did go back and request an exclamation point, which of course they did in purple, not red.

Muthy loves her granddogs.  Happy, Shelby and the newest addition, Barkley.

On our way back we stopped in Katy for Josh's mom's mother's day dinner!  Claire is looking crazy because the mariachi band is SOOOO loud.

Nana and Claire's first balloon.

Great weekend! My little baby bear, I love you!

Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends, friends who will soon be mommies, doggy mommies, and those who are still on their journey to motherhood.

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

I can imagine it's weird! Just because, Claire is 5 months old - I'm 4 months pregnant and still forget/don't feel like it's real sometimes! It's like.. even after all these months, for both of us, it's so surreal and strange! But in the most amazing, great way! P.S. I was reading your blog and Doug goes, "So weird.. you're cyber-stalking your friend, Erin." I'm like uhm, I'm not STALKING, I'm BLOGGING lol! It's like an ALLOWED stalk! Bahaha. Men! They don't get it. Happy (late) Mother's Day, mama! Looks like you had a ball. And LOVE the picture of Claire looking "crazy" cuz the band was loud. She certainly looks hilarious!!

kc said...

Looks like it was a special time! You are a good mama!