Monday, April 30, 2012

Bouncy Baby!

Watch "Bounce!" on YouTube
This video makes me happy on so many levels.  Watching her use her legs brings a little tear to my eye after seeing her not even able to kick for 9 weeks in a harness.  I hope her hips continue to improve and are 100%!

Claire is so HIP! She also is wearing neon. Also hip. 


Oh and I can't tell you how excited I am to meet Chelsea's baby Logan soon! That's what I'm talking about in video. In just a couple weeks, she's going to drive or fly...undecided still, but I'm so happy!!

Claire is discovering mush on a spoon.  My first mistake was rice cereal mixed with water (LOL)...she spit that out, apparently it tastes like cardboard.  Then I really read the directions and said mixed with formula. That was better, but she got really constipated!  ROCK HARD POO! (yup, poo discussions, I swore I'd never show pics though.) 
 Tried some green beans to help, she hated!!  So, my bible book "Baby 411" said that oatmeal...got some of that, Auntie Emily helped out...Oatmeal was a hit!  She's been getting about an ounce of that mush once a day. Nom Nom (ew).

In other news, you have kids and live in the same city as your mom, you're  SOOOOO lucky... that is, if you like your mom. So, I LOVEEEE my mom and she doesn't live in Houston, she's in San Antonio. BOO.  So, we discovered we can meet half way sometimes. She had Friday off, so Claire got all fancied up...

 And we met my mom and Aunt in Columbus,Tx at Nancy's Steakhouse.  It was surprisingly really good!  An hour each way for me, and Claire slept on both drives.  Whatta good little baby.

We'll have to do that more often...but I just remembered gas costs an arm and a leg. FOILED AGAIN.  Move to HOUSTON MUTHY!!!

That iz all. Oh and I got a hair cut, with a baby in my lap!  Win.

6 comments:

Erin+Josh said...

boom

Courtney Squillante said...

Ha! Love this! Oatmeal was our mush of choice. Jay was over rice. Love that you got a haircut holding a baby! That is fantastic!! We need to play sometime!!!!

kc said...

I love seeing her smiling face, but I also love yours! Make sure you put your own pretty mug up there!

Erin+Josh said...

that's no joke. i have to beg people to take my Pic. no one thinks to snap photos of the mom :(

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Claire is such a girlie girl and already knowing what to do at a salon. W (even as a baby) would probably never have stood for that. Kid would have refluxed all over in protest!

Leave it to KC to tell you to put pics of yourself! Love that about her. :) Miss the two of you. Well, three of you, there's Claire. Shoot, maybe five of you. We can't leave out Walton and Shelbie!

Kate Robinson said...

so... you probably do not remember me, but anywho... try applesauce mixed in with the oatmeal and it will help with poo... not that you needed to know that... more importantly, my reason for posting... haha... we are in H-town and my parents are in San Antonio as well. Small world. We make half way trips to flatonia! Claire is a doll...