Sunday, April 8, 2012

4months + Easter BunE

4 months~
Claire had a great 4 month appointment, she's a big healthy girl.  She weighed 15lbs 11oz (90th%) , 25 inches (79th%) and a pretty big head that had to be re-measured by the doctor, but he reassured me that it was totally fine since I had a big head too...great, thanks! haha.  He said that if we wanted to let her try some rice cereal that was fine, but he wasn't all enthused, he prefers 6 months for any solids.

I've said a million times that I'm done pumping breast milk.  I have even gone a day without doing it..but I picked it back up again today!  I didn't know it'd be so hard to quit!  That Mommy guilt is no joke.  I'm not even pumping that much... like 4 ounces a day, barely anything.  I'll probably dry up at some point.

We had the busiest weekend ever. Spent the night at Brian's family lake house in Conroe,

drive way parties...

 Easter lunches and dinners.  We're exhausted!  That didn't stop Claire from crying for 45 mins each night, ugh!  Trying to break her of those 3 am feedings is a nightmare.  But the Dr. said she didn't need them, it's just habit now.  She still gets a midnight feeding, but really needs to sleep longer and skip one. 

We had 3 Easters, my family came in last weekend from San Antonio...

Josh's dad's side in Sealy (sweet country folk, ham, turkey, all the fixin's)

Josh's mom's side (in Katy, burgers and hotdogs yum!)

I'm really sad we didn't make it to church.  We're in the process of looking for a church to call home and then get Claire baptized.  We were going to Houston's First Baptist, but I really want to settle in a Methodist since I was brought up that way, and Josh doesn't care to return to the Catholic church.

Claire's latest obsession is blowing spit bubbles.  It's really cute actually, I need a video.  But I'll leave you with her latest trick, the roll over!  Big heads are good momentum for rolling =)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh girl, I know allll about the pumping guilt. I'm still doing it 3 times a day at 7 months! And hating every minute of it. Love your blog and watching Claire grow!

kc said...

Happy first Easter, Claire! And I love that there was a goat involved.