Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Friday Fun Days

My new favorite time of the week is Friday afternoon because a lot of my friends are off!  My engineer friends: Melissa has half days and Jill has every other Friday off and Kalin is in law school and has Friday's off and Karen gets off early from teaching!  This is very pleasing to me, since I have found myself to be a Stay at Home Mom, least as long is it takes little Claire's hips to heal!

Last Friday, Melissa found some insane recipe on Pinterest...so naturally she brought like 3 bags of supplies and we got the wine open (after pumping of course), and got started.  We didn't really read the directions before committing, and lets just say it had us zesting lemons and making blueberry preserves...MAKING them.

It was really fun/hilarious.  We used almost every bowl and dish in my place.  Used a blender.  Needed a juicer.  Ran out of milk...thought about using breast milk (lol) and then Karen and Liz came over to help decorate.  We made purple icing, of course...and pretended it was Claire's birthday.  She actually got icing on her hands and we hurried to wash it before she tasted it, 10 months too early!

Here's pics!


Mel and Karen icing the cake (this was the second attempt to make icing.) The first had like 4 sticks of butter and .. yes ended up tasting just like whipped butter.  Good for rolls or toast, gross for cakes.



cNe = Claire Ellis Nowak!


Claire "loving" her cake...


This next photo had us laughing so so hard(could have been the wine).  Our plan was to make it look like Claire was standing by herself. LOL You can totally see their shoulders!


By this time, Josh was home, good thing, we were quite tipsy and decided skewers were best to keep the cake from toppling over... brilliant.  At least it tasted good.


Can't wait to see what we make this Friday!  Yay for friends, wine and silliness!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh boy that looks like a lot of fun and Claire is just too cute!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

So next time I want to be there. I'm serious--will call a sitter!

Dianna said...

Looks like fun to me!

Unknown said...

I love this blog! - Jill hansen