Monday, March 19, 2012

Crawfish and bluebonnets = Spring

Heeeellloooo I'm trying to get a post in while she's sleeping in her swing.  Quick embarassing story, I came home from H.E.B. to find that my garage door wouldn't open...turns out the power was off in the neighborhood, a common occurance. Naturally, I started crying.  Yep. Mostly because my house was steaming hot now, baby was crying, groceries were melting and I live in a 3 story steep house with a shared drive and I had to just park out front blocking everyone since the garage wouldn't open. 

I called Josh and cried to him that he needed to call Center Point Energy.  Then I looked and actually SAW one of their trucks and proceeded to yell at them with a crying baby on my hip!  The man said it'd be another 45 mins.  Man, I have issues! I'm laughing about it now because our neighbors came over to help me.  They put my groceries up, manually opened the garage and pulled my car in while I fed Claire.  Thank God for good neighbors, thanks David and Kerri (PS: Why weren't you at work David?? LoL, glad you weren't though!).

That little story is what my high school friends would call "First World Problems!"  We made a huge joke about that last week in San Antonio... try it, it's hilarious and puts you in perspective.  Like, "damn, my iPhone is dead!" First world problems! Or... "Ugh, they're out of my favorite cereal, I have to get generic!" First world problems!  They even went so far as to laugh when I said how much I hate uploading photos to Blogger..."Stay at home mom problems!"

That's why me complaining about no power for 2 hours is stupid. But I still cried of course...what if I had a REAL problem...a 3rd world problem...I shouldn't complain!

The Bluebonnets are in Bloom! Little Claire bear looks so pretty =)




... got bit by fire ants taking blue bonnet pics...and my camera died, so I didn't get any with me or Josh! (first world problems).


St. Patty with Daddy!
 Uncle Cody!!




Also, Shea's crawfish boil was really fun!  I'm glad it's spring, gotta get prepared for the heat though...it's A'comin'.

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Love love all these pics! My friend Elyse was saying that, first world problems the other day too!!! So funny. She was also saying "white girl problems." (Ironically she's white too.) Fantastic sayings, all of them!