Friday, March 9, 2012

3 Months!

No stats this time... but I had a little photo shoot with my friend Melissa (immediately followed by a trip to the bar). 

Claire has really grown, and looks like a fat little muffin with chubby arms and legs!  She eats up to 6 oz a feeding, still every 3 hours and is off and on with sleeping at night.  Just when we thought she had it down, this week it all fell apart.  So basically I have no idea what I'm doing!

She fits well in 3 month clothes, so I guess that's right on track! haha.  She "talks" ALOT.  Babbles to herself most of the day.  Now that the harness is off during the day, we're working on tummy time and neck strength.

She loves Shelby and I heard the first instances of laughter from her this week when Shelby was howling.  It's more like a little cackle (he he he).

Claire is trying to turn on her side these days, not quite yet without help.  She can sit in her Bumbo chair and ride in the City Mini stroller now.

I'm getting more and more used to her, and kissing her more.  I never did it at first, but I'm feeling more like, hey this is my baby and I like her, she's really cute actually.  Don't ask me why I didn't feel like that at first...but I'm just doing better all around.  No more counseling and meds, just the occasion tears during her meltdowns, which I know is quite normal. 

No more pics, please!!

I'm starting to venture out more, Target..H.E.B.... and I'm looking at some mom's groups and library time.  I'm not 'getting the hang of it' more, I'm just dealing with it MUCH better and starting to really enjoy her and our time together.


I love you little Claire Bear!!

2 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Stop it.

This is too much. Love, love, love sweet Claire! Great job with the outfit and I'm glad to hear things are settling in a bit too. Looking back I was a mess, a real mess, until like 4 or 5 months! Nobody told me that was going to happen!!!

Courtney Squillante said...

Oh girl- I still cry when Jay cries! It's hard to see your baby cry and not know how to help! You are doing a great job!!!!