Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First doctor appointment

We started today with a huge smile and captured it! Makes everything so much easier when baby is happy and responds to you.  Look at this cute little puff face!
I got to the doc super early just to be sure I was in the right place.I was super nervous doing all this without Josh. I packed two bottles and a million diapers.

I got to sit with two other hip baby moms and we shared stories. They were very nice and encouraging.  One mom had been through THREE times!

They called us back just in time, Claire had just had a melt down, and I was growing weary.

Baby girl waiting to get her bath!
The nurse helped me, and during her bath Claire was so happy, I cried.  I am such a wreck sometimes. The nurse was very nice and stayed with me.  That was the best part of the day, giving her a bath and her being so happy in it.

Her curls after her bath.
Look at those baby legs stretching! Bet that felt so good after a week!
Doctor Brock came in and made sure the harness was on right and said see ya next week!  No news, no adjusting yet, she hasn't grown so it was still all good.  One week down and I'm exhausted already!

Three hours at doctor is too much!


5 comments:

Natalie said...

Hang in there, mama. You're doing a great job! Your tears just show how much you love and care for your precious baby. She's a lucky girl to have you as her mommy!

Maria said...

You did it! All on your own too. Claire is a lucky girl to have a strong and loving Mama!

Liz said...

Oh that cry face is the cutest I've ever seen!!

Dianna said...

That last pic is just too cute! Glad things went well.

Kelly Jean said...

It may be the meds, but I was in tears your whole post. From her BEAUTIFUL smile, to her finally getting to stretched out, to both of you being just EXHAUSTED at the end! One down, 5 weeks to go, right? We'll get through it, mama! Love you both!!