Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holidaze

Sleepy lazy, Christmas post time...  We were very lucky that both sides of the family made their way to our house and helped us with food and holding the baby.  Christmas Eve was just us three, it was so different but kinda nice.  I love hanging out with my hubby.  Claire had a few wardrobe changes because lots of people gave her Christmas outfits.  She got many cute outfits and toys and happily watched us open them for her!  It was a great first Christmas with our little bundle.

Here's a few pics from the holiday.  I have so many more, but BLEH Blogger takes forever..


We also had a few Dr. visits for little Claire.  At 3 weeks she was up to 8lbs 6.5 oz.  The Dr. would like to have another wiegh in in 10 days to make sure she's progressing well on just breast milk.  We also had an ultrasound on her little frank breech hips to make sure there's no problems from being in that position for months.  I bet we get the results soon. 

Claire is eating pretty well, but not sleeping that much.  Or at least for me.  Josh is the baby whisperer.  It does take us forever to get her to be sleepy, and if you set her down, sometimes it's all for not, and she is wide awake crying.  This baby be crazy.  She also grunts and kicks non stop.  Josh took a video.  It's really insane!  We may call the Dr and check to see if there's anything that could be up with that.  Anyone had a grunting baby? Haha, it's pretty funny.

Other than that, she's your typical pooping, peeing, eating, kinda sleeping newborn!  She is already looking around at mobiles and doing pretty well at her short tummy time.  I have a feeling with the kicking and everything, she's going to be pretty strong.

Time to go pump some milk and get to bed! Yep, bed at 7pm for me, then up for the night shift.  Man, I miss Josh now that he's working.  At least Shelby pup keeps me good company and loves her little sis, Claire, licks her milky hands clean =)

6 comments:

Maria said...

Love the title. I felt the same way.

Hope little Clarie gets all good reports from the doctor.

Not sure about the grunting. My little one made lots of noises (normal for newborns) but didn't "grunt" hope the doc can help figure that one out!

Happy New Year to and your little family!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

She's so adorable! I'm loving all of the outfit changes. Hope you guys get good news from the doctor AND that Claire gets some sleep soon. Well, you too!

Have you heard of Moms on Call? I don't know if Claire is still too young for their methods.

Dirk & Christina Dunlap said...

grunting and kicking.. maybe gas?? Dylan had a horrible time with it. Sounds like she is trying to work it out herself... I had to be extra careful in what I ate not to give him bad gas... vegetables always gave him the worst and unfortunately coffee... Hope the reports come back A OK.

Courtney Squillante said...

I love this post! Sounds like y'all are right in the swing of things! I had two friends whose babies were grunters! Hysterical!! :) Enjoy it and know that it will all get much easier pretty soon!! :)

~Nicole~ said...

I just gave you a blog award over at my blog! The instructions are on there! http://thehardenblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-award-tell-me-about-yourself.html

Brittany said...

Heiko grunted like crazy for his first 2-3 months... we had to move him to his own room at 4 weeks because he was so crazy loud! He's much quieter now. =)

http://ourmilehighbaby.blogspot.com/2011/10/mile-high-grunter.html