Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Murphy's Law....



"Anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong."



That's been our life the past couple weeks. One big Murphy's Law.... our bad luck started, of course with losing Ganny. We decided to still go on vacation....nice right? Well, got sick in the Bahamas, sinus infection, had to call in a Zpack and I wasn't happy about taking it.


Ok, that's fine, I'm a little sick...we're finally home from all the travel and Josh decides to run to the convienent store in our neighborhood...and BAM!Yes, weird picture but Josh rolled through a stop sign and was rammed by a Tahoe! This was shocking and awful enough, but to make it MORE of a Murphy's Law, he was in my work car. Add to that, we never signed a waiver + paid extra to have him as a driver of that vehicle. So not only was it his fault, my work's insurance won't cover a thing, since he wasn't supposed to drive that car. Did I mention I'm pregnant and stressing BIG TIME at this point.

We find out the bad news only after my company had the car TOWED and got me a rental. We quickly returned the rental after 2 days since we're paying for all and borrowed my sister's car for Josh to go to work.

Murphy strikes again... the estimated cost of my work car is $7500. Wow, devastating...so we start the process of filing with our personal car insurance, surely they will be able to help us out.....

MURPHY: The collision place files paperwork with my company suggesting that the car is actually TOTALLED. Yes, that picture you see up there is TOTALLED. Makes NO sense. They said that the battery flipped over in the time they've had it and acid burned all the cables and transmission and suspension...etc... Totalled. A total Murphy is what it is.

Next up on Murphy's list: Our insurance company is citing a clause in our coverage that says it'd cover any borrowed car BUT my work one. Josh could have wrecked YOUR car...anyone reading this, anyone in the world, BUT my work car....so it's not looking good for help from them. It's a ridiculous and unbelievable situation.

Nothing but bad news for 2 weeks... but here's some things that help me through: Our baby is doing great. I wasn't in the car when he got hit. Josh wasn't hurt. We can save the money up or do some sort of payment plan. I'm not fired. It's only money. Josh is a great provider and husband and is doing his best to alleviate stress from me and take care of this mess. It's only money. We can get through this!!!



21 week picture... you can see our lavender stripes... I calm down when I just sit in the nursery and rock in the chair. This too shall pass! Praying for good news from our insurance company...Josh will fight this stupid clause til the end!


6 comments:

Liz said...

Ohmygosh! That's so ridiculous about the car!!! Terrible! Sorry Murphy is hangin around y'all. He needs to get lost!

Unknown said...

uh oh. So stressful! Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Dirk & Christina Dunlap said...

So sorry to hear that Erin, dealing with insurance companies is the pits! I hope you guys get some kind of relief. I was always told bad things happen in threes, I hope that is the last one :)

Jenny Jones said...

Wow, that is insane! Hope things turn around for you guys soon!

Courtney Squillante said...

Um that is all terrible. Absolutely horrible luck. On a bright note you look fantastic!!!! :)

Kelly Jean said...

Aw hun! You had a rough week! I thought I did. Between Doug's mom, Doug's ex, a huuge BFN and then my work messing up my paycheck (paying me for only 16 hours instead of 42.5) - it hasn't been a great week. :( Here's to next week being better for both of us! And you and Claire look beautiful!! <3