Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy Viability Day, Claire!



What is fetal viability? "The point at which a fetus becomes potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid..."

Pregnancy is lined with landmarks...and since I won't have an ultrasound or my gestational diabetes test for a while, this is the closest milestone I got!


24 WEEKS!



I've also found that by hitting this mark, strangers are VERY comfortable asking you your Due Date or about your pregnancy. Before, it was touchy on is she just chubby or...pregnant? And no one wants to ask a NON-pregnant person something about their baby if, in fact, they are not pregnant.

Now that I'm obviously pregnant to the general public, my friend Kendra pointed out all the perks I have been getting.


One: Clutch parking at the grocery store and CVS.


Two: At Collina's, there was a long wait and people standing everywhere, Kendra and I signed in and I instinctively rubbed my belly and said "Man! I'm starving." Let me tell you how fast that hostess found a chair for me to sit in and put a fresh bread basket in my lap. SCORE.


Three: Jason's Deli last night, picking up my To Go order, the manager hands me a coupon to get a free cookie if I filled out a survey, I naturally reponded, "MAN! Wish I could get that cookie up front!" Of course, he glanced at belly, then ran and got me a cookie and said "Pre-emptive cookie for you Miss!". Yum. (yes, I went home and filled out survey anyways with very high marks).


So, it's not all stretch marks, missing bachelorette parties and scale tipping...some good things come out of actually being pregnant (besides your baby, DUH). Though, honestly, if I had a magic fairy wand and could skip the 9 months and just snuggle my little Claire, I'd happily do that! This is by far the weirdest, coolest, most roller-coaster ride of a time I've ever had.

4 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I'm just now catching up on all my blog reading- just read your last two posts. You look so, so good- all baby for sure! Also, glad y'all found a Nanny- sounds like a great fit. Love the socks!! Oh and my ankles were so swollen last night after my reunion and working all week too- BOO! Hoping they go back down- so far no luck. Meep out.

Liz said...

Yay!! Happy day! Haha. I made something for Claire last night!

Unknown said...

So glad you are enjoying your perks of pregnancy! I've gotten a free meal at O'Charley's and have more people holding doors for me in public. Plus my husband takes the trash down, which I hate doing.

Kelly Jean said...

I miss you! You look AMAZING, Erin. Even your cankles ;) Gotta heft up those ankles to be able to carry around those MASSIVE 14 lbs you've added lol! Just kidding - 14 lbs is nothing, and you look GREAT! Claire is going to be SO beautiful - as long as she has mostly your genes ;) haha Josh. OH and looove the little sock/booties too! You're going to have to send me your address soon so I can start sending you girly things! Josh will be thrilled lol. Text me soon! <3