Friday, May 27, 2011

Telling Fam!

So I ordered this book from Amazon and it's just a silly little book that has all sorts of names that kids call their grandparents. I wrapped it up and said it was an Easter gift for Josh's mom...






She read over the book for a while, then finally said, "does this mean we're going to be grandparents??"
We were heading to San Antonio the next week for my Dad's birthday and a late Easter, so I had to keep the big secret from my parents just one more week. I gave my dad the book for this birthday and made my mom a shirt that said "GRAND MUTHY." (I call her Muthy for some reason.)
My Mom totally didn't get it, since she calls the dogs her "grand dogs" she thought it had to do with the pups! But then they put it together when my dad opened the book. Look at his face!


There was crying and a fun dinner at Aldaco's afterwards, Emily and Rian were also there. My mom was especially shocked, she knew my ovarian reserve issues and that we were planning an IUI soon. She couldn't believe it (like me)!

Since we were in San Antonio, I told my 2 oldest BFFs! Can't believe we've been friends for almost 15 years!

Kendra, me and Lisa!Also stopped my Ganny and Poms to tell the big news! Ganny was happy and said, that'll be our 8th great-grand child!! This fall will be their 70th wedding anniversary, can you believe it?!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Yay for sharing the news with family! Very cute!

Courtney Squillante said...

Cute!! That's one of the best parts of the whole pregnancy! Ps- did I say this already.... I think you got preggers because of your mom haircut you wanted?! You were right- it worked! :) It's SUPER cute!!!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

So cute! My parents didn't get it either. They thought we were getting a dog! :)