Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First Trimester ReCap

As the first trimester comes to a close, I still can't believe we made it here! We're so excited and blessed and just ... HAPPY!
4 WEEKS


12 WEEKS




Don't let that smile fool you though, I'm not going to lie, I have been SICK. I mean, really really sick. I am down like 6lbs from pre-pregnancy weight and hate eating. I am sick if I don't eat, then sick after I eat and there's nothing that sounds good TO eat! I know it's worth it but I really hope it starts to get better because I'm thinking I may need to go to a nutritionist to get things right for the baby. I can't live off Saltines for 9 months!

We've had a few great appointments where we saw our baby and heard the heartbeat. My favorite appointment was the NT Scan where I watched the baby on a big flat screen for like 15 minutes do backflips, pump fists up and down and swim back and forth! The tech said "No wonder you're so sick!"

6 WEEKS ultra sound


12 week ultra sound


Baby purchases so far have been a nursering cover, a crib and a dresser! The main shopping will happen when we know BOY or GIRL. And we can't wait!! I totally think it's a girl, mostly because I can only look at girl things and also I heard the sicker you are the more likely it's a girl (you know, reliable old wives tales). I'm also working on a skeletal registry and will enlist the help of new mothers to help fill the rest out, I'm clueless! Here's our crib/dresser!



So the main thing the last 3 months was me feeling very sick, throwing up in weird places including parking lots when working, and Josh being the best husband EVER taking care of me. I've lived off crackers and Smoothie King and know that it will all be worth it in the end!

Our Gender Reveal Party is July 2nd and that will be a great day to share with family and friends. I'm also semi-excited to shop for some maternity clothes at some point. So...goodbye 1st Trimester...hello 2nd Trimester!

8 comments:

Dianna said...

I am sorry you are so sick. I was sick until 16 weeks so hopefully you are done soon or before then. I however was very sick and am having a boy. While my sister is not sick at all and is having a girl. I can't wait for your gender reveal! Congrats again!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

OH BABY! Sorry you are sick but can't wait to hear moreabout baby! Thought about you yesterday and was going to call soon!

Brooke LaBouve said...

Look at polkatotdesigns.com when you know what you're having. I love their stuff and she can mix and match anything!! Your sickness should go away by the 16th week. I never was sick, and I had two boys, but I know soooo many people say that week 16 everything starts to change.

Natalie said...

You're almost there...I just know it! Soon, you're going to be feeling great and stuffing your face :)

Can't wait to hear boy/girl...less than a month now!

Courtney Squillante said...

Ahhh so excited for you!!!! Shopping for maternity clothes is so fun- but there is SUCH a limited selection in Houston! And ps- registering is crazy hard! Every baby is different so it's hard to know what you need. Hope you start feeling better! What a FUN time for you!!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

You look SOOOO cute pregs!! I really like your furniture too- it is going to be so pretty all set up :)

The Thoes said...

You are adorable pregnant!! I hope you have a great pregnancy. Sometimes it is hard to enjoy it, but you will look back and remember all the special moments.

Anonymous said...

I love the recap! Can't wait for the gender reveal party - such a great idea. Don't forget to blog how it goes and let the rest of us know! Congrats again!