Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chevy Proud....

I hope you watch Friday Night Lights. If not, I really hope you get into it this season. It the most under-rated, best show on TV. It gets GREAT reviews and the critics always dote on the show and the writers! Unfortunately for them, they play it on Friday night to keep with the theme. There aren't too many TV watchers that night, but hopefully you start DVR'ing it. I'll keep you posted for when it starts.

Anyways! I digress....the point is the Chevy dealership on the show. Owner: Buddy Garity. Biggest booster to the Dillon Panther football team, a Texas good-ole boy.


I feel like last week I went to the real-life version of Buddy's Chevy dealership right here in Houston. I've been ressearching cars for weeks now and I was going back and forth between Nissan Murano and Chevy Equinox. I stumble over to LoneStar Chevrolet and it was QUITE an experience!

You're greeted by a number of good-ol boys, I met Roger who had a country accent and boots. He was actually a great sales man and I told him I would be back with my husband, he needed to drive the Equinox too. Upon leaving, the manager comes over and hands me a CD.


"We're so happy you came by today Erin, here's a CD, I think you'll enjoy what you hear, have a great day!" They sent me off with popcorn, water and CD in tow. Great first impression! As I drove down 290 the CD said,


"Hi, I'm Sharon, General Manager of Lonestar Chevrolet. We're so glad you came by, but I'm concerned you're leaving without finding what you were looking for. If you come back and do buisness with us, you'll get free oil changes for LIFE! Thanks and have a great day!' Cheesy country twang playing in the back ground. I loved it.


After a small battle with the husband, I finally came home on Saturday with my very own LoneStar Chevrolet Equinox!! Roger and crew took our picture with our new purchase and said that we'd get a CALENDAR with our Equinox pic on the front in a few weeks. I laughed on the inside. Where will I ever display our new calendar?? It was such an experience, how can you not love these car sales men and their Chevy's??




I'm very happy we bought American. Chevy's have come a LONG way and I'm very used to driving them (hence the Chevy Impala I'm sending packing today, farewell, you gold boat you).

2 comments:

Courtney Squillante said...

Congrats on the new car! It's so pretty! We bought Anthony's Tahoe from Lonestar and have our very own calendar too! hahahaha :)

ChelseaSalomone said...

I want to put the title of your blog in cursive on top of your pic. Would you let me play with it?