Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rodeo Time!

It's Rodeo season. The time where normal Houstonians gather up their most western attire and head down to Reliant. We personally can't wait for Rodeo season!

Here's a pic where we borrowed these cowboy hats so we'd look LEGIT.



Though I must say, Cook Off this year was FREEZING!! I wore my warmest jacket and a DRESS and boots. Idiot. Why do I do that to myself?? This lasted until the 2nd or 3rd rum and diet, then I was nice and toasty. =)

Here's a group pic, kinda. And YES that is Panda Tatoo man right up front =)



Basically, Cook Off is a bunch of tents put up by committees, buisnesses, groups of all sizes. You have to score a wrist band to a tent or Cook Off is just pointless. It's free drinks and bar b que all night. Most years I have won tickets to the 100.3 FM tent, but this year we went with UNCLE GLEN. He's a whole blog post in himself, but he DOES have the hook ups! We had a great time!

Next up for Rodeo are the concerts. We're going to see Lady Antebellum and Keith Urban for sure and whoever wants to throw free tickets at us. Though I'd probably pass on "Tejano Night" and Selina Gomez/Justin Beiber night. That kid causes RIOTS in malls I heard!

I really hope you know what Muttin' Bustin' is, because that's probably my fave part of watching the rodeo. It's basically 4 year old kids holding onto sheep for dear life. The one that makes it the longest wins a prize! I think the prize is the sheep actually! LOL


Rodeo 2K10 here we come!!

1 comment:

kc said...

I'm looking forward to an Uncle Glen post!