Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Questionable Purchases

Fall fashions are rolling in. I decided to check them out at Old Navy today and see what I can get into this year...figuratively and literally.


Now, a few of my friends have made questionable purchases (in my book any way) with these shoes called "Toms." See Chelsea's blog. However, I feel they are more for comfort than for a fashion statement...so that's ok. It sucks to be on your feet ALL DAY. I group them in the Crocs class (only cuter).


So my questionable purchase is one of those combo names that spring up every once in a while like "skorts." I am talking 'bout JEGGINGS. Jeans + Leggings = JEGGINGS. This was not the first time I had heard of these, but DEF the first time I've seen them. Let me tell you, they are INTRIGUING. Here's a little pic of what I'm talking about...





Now, I haven't been one to shy away from leggings. In fact, I usually throw them on in the winter with boots and a tunic/dress and call it a day. So, when I came across these I thought...man I could fit these babies into boots (unlike my jeans) and I'll probably get alot of wear out of them (unlike my jeans). Oh yeah, I HATE wearing jeans. It's so weird and uncalled for, but A. I feel fat in them and refuse to buy a larger size. B. They are uncomfortable, no matter what, to me. C. I was forced to wear them everyday for 2 years at a certain Fitchy retailer D. Dresses and skirts make me feel FREEEEE...!


So, 2 birds; 1 stone. = JEGGINGS. Satifies the need to wear jeans in the winter and my need to keep wearing short dresses. Man, I can't wait to look just like Kate Botsworth here...




HAAHAA. We'll see, we'll see. It's still 100 degrees, almost jegging season...will keep you posted.

No comments: