Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Google This

Have you ever thought about life b.G. (before Google)? If someone asked you how many miles it'd take you to get to Cleveland (shout out to the Mertzes!), you'd have to guess and guess hard. I can tell you it's 1,304 miles.


A crazy thing I heard this winter was that the CDC was working on where to send those pesky H1N1 Flu vacs and Google knew WAY before the gov't simply by looking at the "Googling" trends; what area of the country had the most "flu symptoms" or "do i have H1N1" queries.





Some may think that this is scary. They know too much about you. I mean I can look at my mom's house!! Google map her address, click street view and BAM, my dad's car is even in the driveway from the day they photographed!


Also, I will admit to you, I just Googled "why do dogs sigh?" It came up, and there are ALOT of people Googling (wondering) the same thing. Sad for us, funny for you. Turns out Shelby is either bored, tired, or content.


But who are the real people affected by this? The ones who Google's national domination hurt the most?


KNOCK KNOCK.


Yep, the Encyclopedia sales man. Also, remember those commercials for Encyclopedia Brittanica? It's a nice thought. But....I vote Google it. Google it ALL, ALL the time, till the cows come home, then Google why the cows come home in the first place!

Which, BTW, originated in print in Scotland, 1829. Also, here's an illustration from an English Teacher's whose students are learning to illustrate colloquialism.


AHHH..Google.

4 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Fascinating and Jenny like. In a good way. Like I actually found myself going, "Hmm"

Courtney Squillante said...

hahaha I love this! Probably because I rely so heavily on google... What the heck did we do before google?!

Andrea and Charlie said...

Cleveland represent! Mertzes in the hizzie :)

Jenny Jones said...

I can't believe Chelsea didn't mention this post on our trip! We googled so much stuff during our drive and we talked about what we would do without google! I love this post almost as much as I love google!