Monday, February 8, 2010

I CAN be crafty

So, for some reason I really wanted to make a gift for my friend Jill's baby shower. I could have gone to Target and got some cute little baby things, but my college friends are probably the most thoughtful bunch on the planet and I wanted it to be more special. I sneakily asked her the colors of the nursery and got to craftin'.


I got on You Tube and looked up "How to make a French Board" and got started! The cutest little old lady at Hobby Lobby helped pick out the material (she was really happy when I stopped by to show her my final product).

Here's a little step by step to make your own French/ Memory board! Super easy!!

Here's the supplies you need: a canvas, batting, material, ribbon and buttons. The tools SHOULD be a staple gun, but I used nails and hot glue!

Wrap the batting and staple it tight....

Wrap and nail/staple the material. Make it nice and tight and cut away the access.

After you tack the ribbon at even parallels you weave it through the other way. Make it tight!


I hot glue these little buttons and also a "C" for Caraline. There's so many ways to do it!


There's alot of girls I know having babies...I think this will be my "thing" to make pregs girls! I got Karen in on the gig as well...we made some more for Nikki and Kate...


Jill and Kate loved their gifts and I'm so happy to have found a fun craft to do! I'll post the baby shower pics soon!

3 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

SO cute!! I want to make one for my classroom. Yay- thanks for posting the instructions. Jill's turned out so good.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Need advice from the trendy jewelry master on my blog!

kc said...

I like how we are watching the news in background. We are so classy and crafty.