Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Liebster Bloggy questions

Here's some questions that my friend Chelsea posed in her blog: The Life We Love!

1. What is something you've always wanted to do but never have? Why not?
    Well, for the past 5 or so years I've always wanted to run for an elected office.  I have been involved in campaigns and follow politics with sick infatuation.  I haven't done this yet because I'm pretty young still and not quite established in a more permanant community.  Once we put our roots somewhere, I'll consider starting out on school boards or working for a city council person to see what's up.

2. Fill in the blanks. People sometimes think I'm ___ but really, I'm ___.
    Well, that's a toughie...but I was told when I first met some of Josh's (hubby) friends they thought I was snobby before actually talking to me.  So that was strange. Snobby to me is a rich, stuck up, full of themselves person with no sense of humor, so I think I'm opposite of that.  Also, I know what it's like to feel left out, so I try to include people in conversations and activities...and I don't think a snobby person cares about other's feelings.

3. What are your favorite kinds of gifts to receive?
    I can think of a few gifts that really made me smile, ones that I didn't put on a list or ask for.  My mom once made a calendar for me of my dog Shelby.  Each month's picture matched the season or holiday.  I think the thoughtfulness and creativity really made me happy.  Plus I'm obsessed with Shelby dog.
   
4. What is something someone has done for you that really touched you?
    I had many many friends and aquaintences come by and help me when I was chest deep in PPD after Claire was born.  It was amazing and helpful and I couldn't have gotten through the fog of those 3 months without them. Most of them had new babies of their own, but the level of compassion they had for my situation was unfathomable, and I hope to one day pay it forward to other new moms who feel as I did.

5. What are three things you really like about yourself?
   I like making others laugh and being silly.  I got this from my Dad.  He's so ridiculously goofy and knows it!  It's infectious. Ne'ry a dull moment.... oh 3! Hmm...I like my eyes.  I like that I don't procrastinate.

6. If you have kids, what are three attributes you hope to instill in them?
    I hope Claire (and future babies) has high self esteem, a giving nature, and a love for Jesus.

7. What is something you struggle with?
    I still struggle with the fact that I've been staying at home, not earning money.  It's such a huge change after you've been working for over 10 years in the real world.  Being home, *trying* to be domestic when you really aren't very domestic is very very hard.  I'm happy that I've had the chance to though, and Claire bear is a joy.

8. What are you really good at?
    I'm pretty good at finding bargains and deals, like on electronics, toys, furniture....  Not couponing or anything, but I'm really good at researching items before I buy and finding the place with the best bang for your buck.

9. What do you wish you could be better at?
     MEAL PLANNING. COOKING.  KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE.  I SUCK at COOKING!!

10. Tell a funny joke.
Obama won a 2nd term. .... . . ... . oh wait

11. How many hours do you sleep per night, on average?
     Probably 6hrs average.

1 comment:

Sweatt Baby Smudge said...

I feel like I steal everything from you but I'm totally going to steal this blog. I want to move away from just weekly updates on Alaina. :)
And people thought you were snobby just because you are pretty.