Friday, March 18, 2011

Music Fun

We had a great time last night at Zac Brown Band! There were Nowaks EVERYWHERE. I didn't even bring my camera, so not like me. Josh, Ryan, Cody, Uncle Glen, cousin Donnie, me and Paige were all there. We got in free because Glen's girlfriend, Glenda is on a rodeo commitee. Yes, it's Glen and Glenda. Too funny! This is def my fave band at the moment.



I also had a small Idol Recap all written out, but never blogged it and it's kinda too late. I will say that I KNEW it'd be Karen "bee-hive" Rodriguez. She busted up her good performance of "Love will Lead you Back" with Spanish....AGAIN. It didn't flow at all. My predictions were the bottom 3 were Karen, Haley, and Thia. Well, it was Naima instead of Thia, but I was so close. Thia must have a huge 15 year old following! QUICK Recap:


Americano Idol: No mas



The group did songs from the year they were born. Can I just say WOW I'm old. I was literally older than every contestant. Naima and Paul were 1984 at least, but STILL! Paul did very well with an Elton John song, but may I suggest sitting on a stool and singing next time Paul?? Your dancing and STILL creeping me out.

Thia, who was born in 1995 of course, sang "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas. WTH! Is she going to make a Disney tribute CD? It was SO random, I could have sworn she would be in bottom three.

James did an awesome job, yet again. He rocked out to Bon Jovi's 1989 "I'll be There for You." I still liked the more sensitive performance of last week better, but the ending was awesome, FIREWORKS!

Pia is still the best girl in my opinion singing a Whitney Houston song in a nastey white romper, but Lauren A. is nipping at her heels, she redeemed herself this week, singing 1994 hit "I'm the Only One" by Melissa Ethridge, but she is SUCH an airhead. Even my mom was making fun of her, Lauren is uber-awkward when talking to Ryan Seacrest.

Scotty did a good Travis Tritt song, he's really hit his stride, but I'm still mad he's not taking my song choice considerations. Randy Travis DUDE!! Jacob is good, but sorry, hard to watch. Maybe I'll close my eyes next week. Stefano did not disappoint, one of my faves indeed. Though, I recently read that he's a little gansta' and has a DUI and marajuana arrests on his record. EEK!

Gangsta' Stefano



Lastly, Casey Abrams, back from the hospital did a crazy rendition of "Smells Like Teen Spirit." It was the first time anyone has taken on that song on American Idol, and hopefully the last. I hated that performance: So. Much. Yelling. I hope he gets back to normal next week!!

1 comment:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Love me some ZBB! I can't wait to see them ,and I WILL see them soon I hope!